Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Birthday Gifts

Red Velvet cake.  So yummy!
Fall is a busy time of year for me and birthdays.  Not only do many of my family members turn a year older but also do many of my friends.  This year, I have made zentangles for several people.  I can't post them all yet on the off chance that they may see them.  This weekend though, I was able to gift a few and now I can share them with you.


5X5 on watercolor paper with 0.1 and 0.005 micron pens and pencil.
This is a zendala that I made for my friend Cheryl.  I found this mandala pattern on 102 Free Mandalas to download.  This is a nice place to find many different mandalas.  This one was a little different than what I used but I really liked the shape.  You can download the patterns as .jpeg or PDF files.

I really enjoyed making this and am surprised at how quickly it went.  I framed it in a 10X10 float frame, with a black piece of scrapbooking paper to fill the empty space.  I had hoped to put it in a 10X10 with a 5X5 square cutout to frame it but I made the zendala too big and none of the premade frames would work.  I waited too late to have it framed professionally.  I was quite pleased with how it came out though.  The paper had a black on black pattern on it and with the zendala in the middle it looked quite nice.  The pattern on the paper was just enough to give it interest but not too busy to distract the eye.



5X7 on watercolor paper with 0.1 micron and gold gel pen
This one is for my friend Kent.  While I didn't plan it, this one works double time as Kent is a New Orleans Saints fan and their colors are black and gold.  This photo is of the tangle in the frame so there is a little glare in the glass but not much.

I tried to alternate the dark and light patterns in this one.  I tried a new pattern Golven and I really like it a lot. It isn't difficult to do and looks great.  I look forward to using it again and again.

I am glad to report that both Cheryl and Kent enjoyed their tangles as much as I did making them.  I hope that you enjoy looking at them too.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Not only are the tangles themselves lovely, but your photos are very well done, too. On Cheryl's we can even see the texture of the paper. Nice.

    And thank you for sharing the link for the downloadable mandalas. You've given me inspiration to try a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to try tangling on a red velvet cake next year ;)Best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it
    funny happy birthday posts

    ReplyDelete